KaSUGI Team Chess Championship 2012 offers 2 major events – the KaSUGI Open and the KaSUGI Junior Championship. KaSUGI offers a total prize fund of RM 41,500.00.
The tournament is scheduled from 14th to 15th July 2012 and will be held at Cititel Express Kuala Lumpur. Cerdik Catur Enterprise is the Event Manager and Mr Mohd Fadli Zakariacan be contacted at +6014-231 2370 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Organizing Secretariat for this event is Mr Abdul Haq Mohamed who can be contacted at +6013-320 8532 or email at email@example.com.
- To organize the biggest chess team event in Malaysia.
- To develop a chess community that is united, morally upright and progressive in the social and economic context as well as to develop a chess player that adopts sports culture, and thereby contribute effectively, towards the nation`s unity and development.
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE TEAMS REFLECTING A TRUE 1MALAYSIA SPIRIT
- Participation in KaSUGI Team Chess Championship is open to all.
- The event will be conducted as an team event.
- Each team mayregister 4 players only and with the total average rating of the team to be not more than 2100.
- The average rating is calculated from FIDE Rating and National Rating of April 2012. For those who have no rating will be considered rating 1400 (if foreigner 1700).
- The event is played using a time control of 45 minutes per player per game played to the finish of 8 rounds.
- A State Team can send a maximum of six (6) teams per state per category, but only one (1) team eligible for free hotel stay at Cititel Express Kuala Lumpur* for one (1) night [four (4) occupants per room]
- Tie-break used are Game Point, Match Point and Buchholz.